Friday, October 22, 2010

Rejoice!

Did you ever think about the fact that God rejoices in us? Think about it, the Creator of the universe delights in mere human beings. Luke 15 is a passage that's familiar to most of us. It tells the story of the lost coin, the lost sheep, and the prodigal son. Every time the story's main character finds what they had lost, they call all their neighbors together and they say "Rejoice with me, for I have found my ____ which was lost!" What a beautiful image of God! He finds us and He rejoices! He has found me, and He rejoices in me.

He rejoices in me! That's such a spectacular, wonderful feeling. It makes me want to shout for joy! I feel wrapped in the warm blanket of God's love. Just to know that someone can rejoice/take delight in me for who I am. The Savior of the world finds joy in me! Like the warm joy a parent feels as their newborn's tiny fingers grasp their own, or as their precious toddler takes his/her first steps or says his/her first word, so does God take joy in us. Only His joy is an hundred-fold more than the joy of human parents. What an idea! What an amazingly spectacular feeling to be rejoiced in! God says, in Isaiah 65:19- "I will also rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in My people." God rejoices in me, His child! And, my friends, He also rejoices in each one of you. Whisper that to yourself- "God rejoices in me!" Now say it with conviction! He rejoices in you! That thought should thrill you to your very fingertips.

Blessings,
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment